Quantitative research is data collection research technique used in primary research to understand structured data. This process helps decision makers find answers to questions related to how many, how much etc. Since this technique relies heavily on statistical data, it is important to survey large number of people to make sure data is more reliable and is representative sample of target market.
Major tools used in qualitative research are in-depth interviews, surveys, expert opinions etc.
What are the benefits of quantitative research?
Some of the most important benefits of quantitative research are:
- It is statistical, structures and relies on numerical measurement. This helps get accurate data which results in better forecasting.
- It can be used to check consistency of data in future by conducting the surveys again.
- It taps individual responses.
- It is less dependent on the skill or orientation of the researcher.
If you like this article and know someone who’s also passionate about market research as you then please share it with them using links given below.
Think I have missed any major insights in this article? Get thee to the comments and let me know.
Latest posts by Ambarish Kumar Verma (see all)
- What are techniques used in Pricing Research? – April 15, 2014
- What is Pricing Research? – April 15, 2014
- What are different types of Customer Segmentation? – April 15, 2014