Qualitative research is data collection research technique used in primary research to understand unstructured data and phenomenon. This process helps decision makers find answers to questions related to what, why, how, where and when. Qualitative research process uses small sample size compared to quantitative research.
Major tools used in qualitative research are observation, focus group, in-depth interviews, expert opinions etc.
What are the benefits of qualitative research?
Some of the most important benefits of qualitative research are:
- It is open-ended, dynamic and flexible in nature. This helps tackle question which are difficult to answer otherwise.
- It focuses on depth of understanding.
- It taps and encourages creativity.
- It can penetrate rationalized or superficial responses.
- It provides richer source of ideas for marketing and creative teams.
If you like this article and know someone who’s also passionate about market research as you then please share it with them using links given below.
Think I have missed any major insights in this article? Get thee to the comments and let me know.
Latest posts by Ambarish Kumar Verma (see all)
- What are techniques used in Pricing Research? – April 15, 2014
- What is Pricing Research? – April 15, 2014
- What are different types of Customer Segmentation? – April 15, 2014